Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Re: [appigo-todo] Re: iCal Sync is Driving Me Crazy

0 comments
Kilgore,

You have my complete sympathies. The only reason I bought the software was to sync todo items between iCal on my Mac and my iPhone. Sometimes the sync works, and sometimes it doesn't. I've found no consistent pattern, and have finally become frustrated enough by it that I no longer really use the software for that reason. It's maddening to have to recreate your lists and move all of your todos over and over again, or to have some correct completion dates and others that are way off because they got deleted in a later sync.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you, but I thought it worth putting out there since I have had the same experience as you have. I'm hopeful that a fix will come soon, which is the only reason I'm still on this list.

Good luck,
Kate

***
"The universe is not only queerer than we suppose; it it queerer than we can suppose."
J.B.S. Haldane, Biologist

On Mar 29, 2010, at 10:03 AM, Kilgore wrote:

> I'm still having problems, but have some more details about one of the
> issues. Hopefully someone will respond with something to try.
>
> This morning, I attempt to sync all of my items completed over the
> weekend. I press the sync button in the app and immediately get a
> connected and synced message. However, nothing changed on the desktop.
> I tried several times with the same results. Then I quit and re-launch
> Appigo Sync on my Mac and press the sync button again - this time the
> connect/sync process takes longer. As soon as the Sync is done, I
> immediately get a MobileMe sync error message on my Mac and all of my
> items get reset on the iPhone (items get marked as undone, due dates
> get changed.)
>
> Any ideas????
>
> Kilgore
>
>
> On Mar 24, 12:37 pm, Kilgore <brackne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I bought Appigo Todo for one purpose, to sync my To Do's between my
>> computers and iPhone. I've had nothing but trouble with Appigo Sync
>> since I purchased the app in January 2010. Sometimes things sync,
>> sometimes they don't - what's really frustrating is that more often
>> than not, things get reset at random, so you lose the most recent set
>> of changes.
>>
>> There seems to be multiple problems. Sometimes, it just takes repeated
>> presses of the sync button in the app to get the information across.
>> Other times, I have to quit and relaunch the Appigo Sync application
>> and sometimes I have to open iCal before things sync.
>>
>> I really want sync to work reliably - does anyone have any hints? I've
>> looked at the various iCal sync problems in these discussions and see
>> a wide range of differing problems. Are others having these same
>> issues?
>>
>> The most frustrating thing about this is the problems are impossible
>> to reproduce regularly. I've put off posting this for over a month as
>> I attempt to document exactly what has been happening. When I'm
>> testing, things seem to work fine and I think all the problems are
>> gone. Then one day, I'll find 5 or 6 items that have been completed
>> days ago back on the list as overdue or find that nothing has been
>> transferred to the iCal for 2 or 3 days.
>>
>> What's going on with all these iCal Sync issues???
>
> --
> Learn more about Todo (task management made simple), Notebook (notes available everywhere), and AccuFuel (fuel efficiency tracker) on Appigo's website: http://www.appigo.com/
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Appigo Todo" group.
> To post to this group, send email to appigo-todo@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> appigo-todo-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo?hl=en
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to appigo-todo+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
Learn more about Todo (task management made simple), Notebook (notes available everywhere), and AccuFuel (fuel efficiency tracker) on Appigo's website: http://www.appigo.com/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Appigo Todo" group.
To post to this group, send email to appigo-todo@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
appigo-todo-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo?hl=en

Comments

0 comments to "Re: [appigo-todo] Re: iCal Sync is Driving Me Crazy"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com