Sunday, May 30, 2010

Re: Serial adapter and iSSH

0 comments
Hi Dean,
hi Carlos,

I'd LOVE to see this feature, too! Being able to talk to console ports
of network quipment is an absolute musthave for my portable computer.
So I have to carry my MBP with me everywhere I go. I'd love to be able
to do this with my iPhone, or an iPad!

What me bothers about these adapters you already mentioned is, the
need to have an external power supply, are rather expensive and - and
that's the biggest bummer for me - they make things even more
complicated. What I really need is something reliable and simple. I'd
prefer the redpark adapter cable and already emailed them hoping they
have a solution for us.

@Dean, I like iSSH very much and use it every day, I didn't have a
chance yet to try it on an iPad, but I'm looking forward to it!
If you'd find a way to painlessly and reliably do console connections
to our network equipment with iPhone OS, I'd be willing to pay for
this premium function via in-app-purchase or else.... Maybe you could
get some kind of arrangement and bundling with redpark.com?


Thanks in advance for your past and future work on iSSH!

John


On May 18, 7:55 pm, Carlos Alvarez <caalva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 18, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Dean wrote:
>
>
>
> > So I'd love to say yes to this request, but it's going to take time
> > and I'm not quite sure how much demand there is yet.
>
> These guys supposedly have an approved device for dock to serial, but only seem to sell to integrators/developers:
>
> http://redpark.com/
>
> > In the meantime, has anyone had any luck with these devices?
>
> >http://www.amazon.com/RS-232-Adapter-Remotely-Controlling-Serial/dp/B...
>
> I just ordered this, and will report on what I find:
>
> https://serialio.com//store/product_info.php?cPath=82&products_id=647...
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iSSH/iX11" group.
> To post to this group, send email to issh@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to issh+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/issh?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iSSH/iX11" group.
To post to this group, send email to issh@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to issh+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/issh?hl=en.

Comments

0 comments to "Re: Serial adapter and iSSH"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com