Friday, January 29, 2010

Re: [appigo-todo] Re: How I use GTD with Appigo Todo

0 comments
Thank you all for participating in our Google Group.


The Appigo Team
--
Appigo Support
support@appigo.com

Learn more about Todo (task management made simple), Notebook (notes available everywhere), and AccuFuel (fuel efficiency tracker) on Appigo's website: http://www.appigo.com/

Follow the latest from Appigo on Facebook:
http://www.tinyurl.com/appigo-fb

Follow the latest from Appigo on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/appigo

Participate with Appigo and our community using the following Google groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo/
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-notebook/
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-accufuel/


On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM, mmorowitz <mmorowitz@gmail.com> wrote:
Makes complete sense.

On Jan 22, 10:30 am, hockey_magnet <cju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I agree, with the understanding that of the 4 criteria, the first 3
> are relative absolutes and only priority is subjective so it's fairly
> critical, at least to me, in the process. If I'm at the office with 8
> hours of open time available and lots of energy, I would usually have
> a high number of "available" tasks, so priority becomes critical to my
> selection process.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
> On Jan 22, 11:13 am, mmorowitz <mmorow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Chris,
>
> > That certainly does make sense.  Allen's "Four Criteria Model for
> > Choosing Actions in the Moment" goes like this:
> > 1. Context
> > 2. Time available
> > 3. Energy available
> > 4. Priority
>
> > If you've got a ton of tasks where the first 3 are relatively equal,
> > you can and should fall back on priority (before resorting to "gut
> > feeling").  But I do personally agree with it being the last thing on
> > this list.  That's kinda why I don't spend too much time worrying
> > about it (even though most task management tools, including ToDo, put
> > it front and center).
>
> > Best,
> > Michael
>
> > On Jan 21, 2:10 pm, hockey_magnet <cju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Absolutely - GTD is not meant to be 100% rigid, I think I interpreted
> > > DA's concept around next actions as being combined somehow with
> > > priorities . I also think it really makes a difference if you have a
> > > lot of single tasks or a lot of projects with a lot of tasks. In my
> > > case, if I have 10 projects that all have to get completed, it is
> > > usually easy to decide NA's. The problem becomes if all the NA's have
> > > the same or similar context and relative time limits, which one do I
> > > choose? That's why I use priorities so that I don't have to spend so
> > > much time re evaluating  which NA to do next. Having said that
> > > priorities do change and the one thing I've learned from GTD is if you
> > > do not do the Review consistently, the system inevitably just turns
> > > into a to do list and simply doesn't work properly.
>
> > > This is all just my opinion of course
>
> > > Chris
>
> > > On Jan 21, 9:18 am, mmorowitz <mmorow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Thanks very much, hockey_magnet. I can certainly see your point about
> > > > priorities.  I'm going to go back and read what Allen says about
> > > > priorities, especially in the context of a Next Action list.
> > > > Personally, I have a very hard time making a mental decision about
> > > > priority when I'm processing a task. I generally just say, "I don't
> > > > know! I just need to do it!!"
>
> > > > When I read GTD, priorities and projects were the two chapters/
> > > > concepts that I found least applicable to my personal style. My mental
> > > > picture of my own tasks is a big bucket of stuff that all needs to get
> > > > done: few goal-oriented projects and all tasks are important (with a
> > > > few exceptions). In spite of that minor disconnect for me, GTD really
> > > > works (now). I've found this to be the case with a lot of other GTDers
> > > > that I've talked to: there are one or two elements of the overall
> > > > approach that aren't effective. For some people, it's contexts, for
> > > > others it's the tickler file.
>
> > > > This is one of the things that I like about GTD: it's a clearly-
> > > > defined approach with just enough flexibility to allow for personal
> > > > style. There are, of course, a few elements that I believe are
> > > > critical elements (inbox processing, calendar management, task
> > > > reviews).
>
> > > > jimmydolittle, I'm very glad you found it helpful. It makes the time I
> > > > spent writing it up worthwhile to see that someone found it useful.
>
> > > > Best,
> > > > Michael

--
Learn more about Todo (task management made simple), Notebook (notes available everywhere), and AccuFuel (fuel efficiency tracker) on Appigo's website: http://www.appigo.com/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Appigo Todo" group.
To post to this group, send email to appigo-todo@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
appigo-todo-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo?hl=en

--
Learn more about Todo (task management made simple), Notebook (notes available everywhere), and AccuFuel (fuel efficiency tracker) on Appigo's website: http://www.appigo.com/
 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Appigo Todo" group.
To post to this group, send email to appigo-todo@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
appigo-todo-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo?hl=en

Comments

0 comments to "Re: [appigo-todo] Re: How I use GTD with Appigo Todo"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com