Monday, May 31, 2010

Re: Serial adapter and iSSH

0 comments
On May 30, 2010, at 11:05 AM, John wrote:
> What me bothers about these adapters you already mentioned is, the
> need to have an external power supply, are rather expensive and - and

This version of the device is available with USB power, 9v battery power, and some other options. There's another version that takes 2xAAA batteries. I chose USB because it's already everywhere that I have a router, and I can easily carry a rechargeable Li-Ion battery pack with USB connectivity and built-in charger ($45 at Radio Shack). I'm going to toss this into my existing serial kit bag that has the multitude of gender and null adapters you might need.

> that's the biggest bummer for me - they make things even more
> complicated.

Serial is a pain in my rear, but this didn't complicate it. It does a good job, and is reasonably transparent.

> What I really need is something reliable and simple. I'd
> prefer the redpark adapter cable and already emailed them hoping they
> have a solution for us.

Agreed, that would be better.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iSSH/iX11" group.
To post to this group, send email to issh@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to issh+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/issh?hl=en.

Comments

0 comments to "Re: Serial adapter and iSSH"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com