Saturday, May 29, 2010

[appigo-todo] Suggestions for the iPad version

0 comments
Hello,

I'm generally pretty happy with the iPad version of Todo, but one area
where I think it could make significant improvements is in the
interface used to edit tasks. Right now, it's basically the iPhone
interface that pops up for editing. This means, for example, that to
change the due date, I have to tap on it and go into a sub-panel. Same
to edit, or even just view, the notes. What I'd like to see is a
completely new UI that takes full advantage of all the extra screen
space an iPad offers. I'd especially like to see some other way to
view and edit notes, since they're so central to todo items (at least
for me). I realize that the current UI is likely the result of trying
to get the iPad version out the door as quickly as possible, but if
you're looking for guidance in prioritizing your own todo list....

Also, I'd love to have the option of a UI theme that wasn't based on a
physical notebook/day planner. Not only does it make me feel a little
silly in business meetings, but it also wastes a significant amount of
screen space that could be better put to use to display more
information (notes!) and even suggests functionality that's not there
(like, say, taking notes on the "page" opposite the settings page).

Another suggestion: offer finer-grained control over alerts. I know
you can't do anything with snooze yet, but at least offer the ability
to control when reminders are pushed on a per-task basis along with
the ability to have multiple reminders. I suspect you can really jump
on this with iPhone OS 4.0.

As a side note, is it just me, or has Appigo completely removed all
mention of these forums from their web site? I seem to remember them
being prominently linked in the help section, but now I can find
nothing. Perhaps just coincidentally, I first noticed it around the
time of the release of the iPad version and, uh, the resulting RTM
debacle. A crude form of flood control? Anyway, restoring the links,
or making them more visible if they're still around, would be helpful.

Thats it for now. Thanks for a great product; I look forward to
ongoing refinements.

--
Learn more about Todo (task management made simple), Corkulous (collect, organize, and share your ideas), Notebook (notes available everywhere), and AccuFuel (fuel efficiency tracker) on Appigo's website: http://www.appigo.com/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Appigo Todo" group.
To post to this group, send email to appigo-todo@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
appigo-todo-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo?hl=en

Comments

0 comments to "[appigo-todo] Suggestions for the iPad version"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com