Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re: Flaky IR

0 comments
Create a button differen active/inactive and set the connection join
number of your GUI to that button.

I don't have any problems with my remotes after a resume from sleep
On Feb 28, 4:25 am, Nahshon Williams <spc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to say I restarting iViewer is a must after the screen locks
> (power save), on resumption the screen becomes a fancy wallpaper until
> you exit and restart the app.
> I use another app "casatunes" and on resume it automatically starts
> searching for a connection. (you can see a connection status wheel
> revolving till you are again connected ).
> It is a good idea to give the user some kind of status update as the
> connection is being re established. (any thoughts on how to do this?)
>
> Reading Jarod's reply (I am using 3 iphones + my ipod) One solution
> might be to switch off constant connection (did not know this) and
> compensate in the macro for the possible loss of some commands.
>
> This is from my gui file:
>
>     <macro name="PowerSystemON">
>       <command delay="200">Proj_ON</command>
>       <command delay="200">hdmi-a-one</command>
>       <command delay="200">Proj_ON</command>
>       <command delay="200">hdmi-a-one</command>
>       <command delay="200">Denon_Power_ON</command>
>       <command delay="200">relay1-setstate</command>
>       <command delay="200">Denon_MainZone_On</command>
>       <command delay="2000">relay1-setstate</command>
>       <command delay="200">Denon_Power_ON</command>
>       <command delay="5000">relay1-setstate</command>
>       <command delay="200">Denon_MainZone_On</command>
>       <command delay="200">Denon_Select_DBS_SAT</command>
>       <command delay="200">Denon_Select_DBS_SAT</command>
>       <command delay="1500">relay1-setstate-off</command>
>     </macro>
>
> Does anyone have a magic delay interval they would like to share? and
> yes I know that this value can be unique to your current set up . . . .
>
>         Going mack to the intermittent IR, when it's not working from my
>         macros, I have checked the network activity light on the back of the
>         GC100-6, and it flashes in sequence with sending out RS232 commands,
>         but not the IR.
>
> I would have thought that was the root of your problem; a network connectivity issue as opposed to an IR code error. (assuming your IR codes work when they do ;-)
>
> Could you post a captured code that you know works and maybe one that does not work at all?
>
> Nahshon
>
> On 28/02/2010 08:28, Jarrod Bell wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi Nick,
>
> > One thing I would not discount is the conversion from CCF to GC IR
> > format being a problem. Your CCF codes might be perfect, but the
> > conversion might not be. Are you able to learn the IR commands using
> > the GC learner to ensure this is not the problem?
>
> > Make sure you always set "maintain constant connection" on when using
> > a GC-100, unless you need multiple iPhones to be able to connect (the
> > GC-100 hardware only allows one connection at a time).
> > By not enabling a constant connection, macros may miss the first
> > couple of commands. This is due to having to connection before sending
> > the macro, which may not occur instantly every time. We recommend
> > upgrading to the newer GC units if you need multiple connections
> > rather than going with the connect-send-disconnect approach.
>
> > 200ms delay is not very long. Especially for channel selection. Think
> > about how long you would take between button presses on a real remote.
> > Perhaps try increasing this delay.
>
> > Jarrod
>
> > On Feb 28, 5:53 pm, nicknack <n...@nickallen.me.uk> wrote:
>
> >> Hi All,
>
> >> New to CF and have got my first GUI working pretty well, albeit with a
> >> couple of niggles.
>
> >> I have been using Pronto for years, and have pretty much emulated the
> >> Pronto program I was using.
>
> >> Using the GC-CCF converter tool I converted all the IR codes to GC
> >> type (the system is using a GC100-6), and I'm pretty sure the codes
> >> are clean (years of Pronto programming!).
>
> >> I'm using a mix of IR and RS232 - IR for my TV, Freesat and Blu-ray &
> >> RS232 for my amp.
>
> >> My problem is connection when sending out commandsis sometimes
> >> erratic; this can be either with IR or RS232.
>
> >> Basically I have written macros that power up the system and do the
> >> input switching from the home screen, so there are single buttons for
> >> Watch TV, Watch movie, etc.
>
> >> If I switch the system on using one of the macros first thing in the
> >> morning it will generally send out the RS232 command and switch the
> >> amp on, but not the IR - I generally exit CF on the iPod and start it
> >> up and again and it usually works, but not always (we do switch all
> >> the networking gear off at night, but I leave it ample time to boot up
> >> before using it)
>
> >> This can also happen whilst using the system; I have created macros
> >> for favourite channels and they are flaky.
>
> >> In my macros, I have allowed for a 200ms delay between sending each
> >> command and would hope that this is enough time.
>
> >> I have also noticed that the volume control on my amplifier jumps in
> >> stages, so it can be ramping up normally at 0.5db stages and then
> >> jumps by 3db - this happens all the time, and I have changed the
> >> repeat volume command to 200ms. The amplifier is an Onkyo TX-SR876.
>
> >> Going mack to the intermittent IR, when it's not working from my
> >> macros, I have checked the network activity light on the back of the
> >> GC100-6, and it flashes in sequence with sending out RS232 commands,
> >> but not the IR.
>
> >> Could the problem lie with maintaining a constant connection? I can
> >> understand this for RS232, but not the importance for IR, althogh I do
> >> have it selected.
>
> >> Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but I want to get this working
> >> solidly at home before offering it as a solution to our clients!
>
> >> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> >> Thanks,
>
> >> Nick

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CommandFusion" group.
To post to this group, send email to commandfusion@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to commandfusion+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/commandfusion?hl=en.

Comments

0 comments to "Re: Flaky IR"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com