Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re: Flaky IR

0 comments
I have to say I restarting iViewer is a must after the screen locks
(power save), on resumption the screen becomes a fancy wallpaper until
you exit and restart the app.
I use another app "casatunes" and on resume it automatically starts
searching for a connection. (you can see a connection status wheel
revolving till you are again connected ).
It is a good idea to give the user some kind of status update as the
connection is being re established. (any thoughts on how to do this?)

Reading Jarod's reply (I am using 3 iphones + my ipod) One solution
might be to switch off constant connection (did not know this) and
compensate in the macro for the possible loss of some commands.

This is from my gui file:

<macro name="PowerSystemON">
<command delay="200">Proj_ON</command>
<command delay="200">hdmi-a-one</command>
<command delay="200">Proj_ON</command>
<command delay="200">hdmi-a-one</command>
<command delay="200">Denon_Power_ON</command>
<command delay="200">relay1-setstate</command>
<command delay="200">Denon_MainZone_On</command>
<command delay="2000">relay1-setstate</command>
<command delay="200">Denon_Power_ON</command>
<command delay="5000">relay1-setstate</command>
<command delay="200">Denon_MainZone_On</command>
<command delay="200">Denon_Select_DBS_SAT</command>
<command delay="200">Denon_Select_DBS_SAT</command>
<command delay="1500">relay1-setstate-off</command>
</macro>


Does anyone have a magic delay interval they would like to share? and
yes I know that this value can be unique to your current set up . . . .

Going mack to the intermittent IR, when it's not working from my
macros, I have checked the network activity light on the back of the
GC100-6, and it flashes in sequence with sending out RS232 commands,
but not the IR.

I would have thought that was the root of your problem; a network connectivity issue as opposed to an IR code error. (assuming your IR codes work when they do ;-)

Could you post a captured code that you know works and maybe one that does not work at all?

Nahshon

On 28/02/2010 08:28, Jarrod Bell wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> One thing I would not discount is the conversion from CCF to GC IR
> format being a problem. Your CCF codes might be perfect, but the
> conversion might not be. Are you able to learn the IR commands using
> the GC learner to ensure this is not the problem?
>
> Make sure you always set "maintain constant connection" on when using
> a GC-100, unless you need multiple iPhones to be able to connect (the
> GC-100 hardware only allows one connection at a time).
> By not enabling a constant connection, macros may miss the first
> couple of commands. This is due to having to connection before sending
> the macro, which may not occur instantly every time. We recommend
> upgrading to the newer GC units if you need multiple connections
> rather than going with the connect-send-disconnect approach.
>
> 200ms delay is not very long. Especially for channel selection. Think
> about how long you would take between button presses on a real remote.
> Perhaps try increasing this delay.
>
> Jarrod
>
> On Feb 28, 5:53 pm, nicknack <n...@nickallen.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> New to CF and have got my first GUI working pretty well, albeit with a
>> couple of niggles.
>>
>> I have been using Pronto for years, and have pretty much emulated the
>> Pronto program I was using.
>>
>> Using the GC-CCF converter tool I converted all the IR codes to GC
>> type (the system is using a GC100-6), and I'm pretty sure the codes
>> are clean (years of Pronto programming!).
>>
>> I'm using a mix of IR and RS232 - IR for my TV, Freesat and Blu-ray &
>> RS232 for my amp.
>>
>> My problem is connection when sending out commandsis sometimes
>> erratic; this can be either with IR or RS232.
>>
>> Basically I have written macros that power up the system and do the
>> input switching from the home screen, so there are single buttons for
>> Watch TV, Watch movie, etc.
>>
>> If I switch the system on using one of the macros first thing in the
>> morning it will generally send out the RS232 command and switch the
>> amp on, but not the IR - I generally exit CF on the iPod and start it
>> up and again and it usually works, but not always (we do switch all
>> the networking gear off at night, but I leave it ample time to boot up
>> before using it)
>>
>> This can also happen whilst using the system; I have created macros
>> for favourite channels and they are flaky.
>>
>> In my macros, I have allowed for a 200ms delay between sending each
>> command and would hope that this is enough time.
>>
>> I have also noticed that the volume control on my amplifier jumps in
>> stages, so it can be ramping up normally at 0.5db stages and then
>> jumps by 3db - this happens all the time, and I have changed the
>> repeat volume command to 200ms. The amplifier is an Onkyo TX-SR876.
>>
>> Going mack to the intermittent IR, when it's not working from my
>> macros, I have checked the network activity light on the back of the
>> GC100-6, and it flashes in sequence with sending out RS232 commands,
>> but not the IR.
>>
>> Could the problem lie with maintaining a constant connection? I can
>> understand this for RS232, but not the importance for IR, althogh I do
>> have it selected.
>>
>> Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but I want to get this working
>> solidly at home before offering it as a solution to our clients!
>>
>> Any help greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nick
>>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CommandFusion" group.
To post to this group, send email to commandfusion@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to commandfusion+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/commandfusion?hl=en.

Comments

0 comments to "Re: Flaky IR"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com