Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re: Flaky IR

0 comments
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the comments so far.

In response to you Jarrod, I have the latest GC100-6, but don't have
the GC IR learner, so this could be a contributing factor. I'll also
increase the delay between the macro commands; I'm used to the laggy
response of the Pronto, and have got to remind myself that the network
based control is a lot quicker.

Nahshon, I think you may have nailed it too - I left all the network
components on last night and the iPod's been bang on this morning. The
macros for watching TV worked instantly, and all IR commands I've used
have worked perfectly.

Your comment of me putting up a command that works and a command that
doesn't I don't think is going to prove anything at the moment, as
they are intermittent and I think I should invest in the GC IR learner
to really learn the codes in correctly.

Fiasco, I've got active/inactive states for the buttons but haven't
set any connection joins; didn't think it was worth it using IR, and
don't fully understand it!

Following on from that, the Freesat PVR I use is the Humax Foxsat, and
there was a thread on RemoteCentral ages ago as people were having
problems learning the menu direction keys. Somebody posted up codesets
that were really short in comparison to the learned codes, however GC-
CCF wouldn't recognise them as valid codes, so I had to learn the
codes again, and they do seem to be fine (apart from what we think may
be network issues!).

Going back to connectivity, I do have the iPod set to go to sleep
after 5 minutes, however always wait for the network indicator to
light up before unlocking it using the slider.

Will report back when I've got time to at least play with increasing
the delays.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CommandFusion" group.
To post to this group, send email to commandfusion@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to commandfusion+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/commandfusion?hl=en.

Comments

0 comments to "Re: Flaky IR"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com