Thursday, November 26, 2009

Re: VNC display won't update

0 comments
On Nov 24, 5:23 pm, Percy Bottle <percybot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found out what the problem was: the compiz 3d environment. Once I
> turned that off, the screen updates worked perfectly (and quite
> quickly).

Further to this, I've found that I can still use compiz if I make a
change to the configuration of my vnc server (I'm using the built-in
Ubuntu vnc server, called vino-server, that you get to via System/
Preference/Remote Server).

Run gconf-editor, then navigate to desktop/gnome/remote_access. Place
a check-mark in the disable_xdamage button. The description states
that this may slow vino down slightly, but I find performance on my
iPod is still good over the LAN.

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iSSH/iX11" group.
To post to this group, send email to issh@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to issh+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/issh?hl=en.

Comments

0 comments to "Re: VNC display won't update"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com